The GSA Fee has been the same since 2002. We’ve been slowly running out of money, cutting programs and reducing budgets for years. It is time to bring the GSA Fee back up to historical levels. The plan is simple: use the CPI to retroactively adjust the 2002 level to today’s dollars in real terms. This will turn the $12/quarter figure into $15.86/quarter. This will allow the GSA to better serve the graduate student community.
Please review the power point presentation embedded below for more detailed information.
Steps to make this happen:
1) Present to the GA, get approval to proceed.
2) Repeat Step 1. (Scheduled for Jan 6th)
3) Present to COSAF, receive input.
4) Present to the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, receive input. (Scheduled for Jan. 13th)
5) VCSA forwards to Campus Council, recommends changes as necessary.
6) Collect signatures.
7) Publicize, get it to the elections committee.
8) Grad students vote!