- Fall Travel Awards… AGAIN
- Link to GradPathways Weekly
- DHI PhD Unlimited Fall Lunchtime Series
- Disability Awareness Symposium & Accessibility Technology Fair
- We’re Hiring!
- GSA Adopts Resolution Calling for a Halt in the Designation of the Next Chancellor of UC Davis
- Chancellor Search Town Hall
- Serve on Committees!
- Grad Yoga & Zumba
- Coffee Bagel Donut Day
Travel Awards …AGAIN
Please forgive my faux pas: if you applied for a travel award before October, we DID NOT collect your identifying information! Please email the treasurer (email@example.com) to ensure your travel award application information is complete.
Treasurer, UC Davis Graduate Student Association
MSc Candidate, 2017, UCDavis Soils and Biogeochemistry
Do you have experience in communication, marketing, public relations, publicity, social media, student government, and/or nonprofit organizations? Apply now for this paid position!
Improve publicity and communication to inform GSA constituents, alumni, and the general public of GSA services.
Marketing consultant will be expected to take on one or more of the following projects. Applicants should chose the project they are most interested in pursuing and describe how they plan to approach that project.
- Constituent Perspectives
- Evaluate GSA effectiveness at gathering student perspectives on policy issues
- Develop a plan to gather an increased number of views and diversity of students
- Communicate plan to GSA Chair and External Chair both verbally and in writing
- Event promotion
- Evaluate GSA effectiveness at developing events that provide value to constituents and publicizing those events
- Develop a plan to improve event development and publicity
- Communicate plan to GSA Campus Organizing Director, Public Relations Officer, and Events Committee both verbally and in writing
- Alumni Relations
- Develop a plan for alumni outreach
- Communicate plan to GSA Executive Council both verbally and in writing, receive feedback and authorization
- Implement first stages of alumni outreach plan
- General Publicity
- Design your own a marketing project for GSA.
This paid position is open to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students enrolled at UC Davis during Winter 2017 and/or Spring 2017.
Application packet should contain: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume/CV 3) 200-300 description of how you would tackle one of the projects above. E-mail packet to Katrina Brock (firstname.lastname@example.org) in PDF format by November 1, 2016.
OFFICIAL POSITION OF UC DAVIS GRADUATE STUDENT ASSOCIATION
Adopted by a vote of UCD GSA General Assembly on October 5, 2016
UC Davis Graduate Student Association condemns the current process for selecting and appointing chancellors under UC Regents Policy 7102 as lacking in transparency and democratic engagement.
UC Davis Graduate Student Association demands a pause in the process of selecting a chancellor for UC Davis until a transparent and democratic process for selection and appointment is adopted and established at the institutional level for all UC campuses.
What do you want to see in our new chancellor?
October 11, 2016 at 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm, Mondavi Center, UC Davis
Town Hall with faculty and student members of the Chancellor Search Advisory Committee. More info here: https://www.ucdavis.edu/administration/chancellor-search/
Academic Senate | Academic Advisory | System/Campus Wide | GSA Internal
Committees are a great way to get involved with campus faculty and administration to understand the university service ecosystem.
Thank you for your interest in serving on an Academic Senate, Academic Advisory, Campus Wide, or GSA internal committee! Please fill out your interest for committees listed in each section below:
Coffee Bagel Donut Day Friday October 14th 8:30 -10:30 am South Silo! Come get your fill of coffee, donuts, bagels, watermelon, bananas, make your own oatmeal, and tea!