- Chancellor’s Leadership Development Series
- Graduate Diversity Orientation Program Extension Workshop
- Grad Student Panel Volunteers Requested!
- UCAN Applications for Student Ambassador Positions
- Professors for the Future Social Media Bootcamp
- Food Access Resources
- GSA Sponsored Yoga
1. Chancellor’s Leadership Development Series
2. Graduate Diversity Orientation Program Extension (GDOPx) January Workshop on Identity
The Graduate Diversity Orientation Program Extension (GDOPx) group presents a workshop series for graduate students interested in building community to discuss issues of diversity and inclusion in higher education. Our upcoming workshop, Rethinking Identity: Empowering Graduate Scholars for Inclusion and Activism, will include reflections and inspiration from Dr. Flojaune Cofer and a critical map-making activity led by Mia Dawson. The event takes place on Wednesday, January 24th, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm in the Memorial Union – Garrison Room (register). This event will be hosted by the Diversity Committee of the Graduate Group in Ecology. Food will be provided. To stay updated on future GDOPx events, subscribe to our mailing list here.
3. Graduate Student Volunteers Requested for Introduction to Research Panel
Intro to Research workshop in conjunction with the Undergraduate Research Center (URC) is in need of graduate student volunteers to serve on a panel to answer questions about getting involved in research.
4. UCAN Accepting Applications for Student Ambassadors
The UC Advocacy Network (UCAN) is looking for student ambassadors to help promote and expand UCAN by serving as an important liaison between UC Government Relations and students.
Applications are open until January 28, 2018. Students may apply here: http://ucal.us/UCANambassador.
Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
UCAN is a community made up of students, alumni, faculty, and community members who lend their voices to shape state and federal policies promoting the University of California’s mission of education, research and public service.
UCAN Student Ambassadors will:
- Promote UCAN sign-ups on their campus
- Gain hands-on experience in public affairs and civic engagement
- Learn how UC advances policies and provides opportunities for students to work with UC
- Share the value of their UC education with legislators at the State Capitol
5. Professors for the Future Social Media Bootcamp
Professors for the Future will be holding the second event in its 5 part bootcamp series to give you the tools to effectively use social media outlets to communicate your research.
The event will be held on Wednesday 1/17 in the Garrison Room of the MU.
6. Food Access Resources
Several resources exist for students who are having difficulty affording healthy food.
You may be eligible for CalFresh, which can give up to $190/month to help with groceries.
Food is also available for students at the Pantry in lower Freeborn or through Fruit & Veggie Up – now located at the MU!
7. GSA & LGBTQIA Resource Center Sponsored Yoga this week!
Join us tomorrow evening at the SCC in Meeting Room D from 5-6:30 pm!
Join us this Friday for Coffee Bagel Donut Day at the GSA Office in South Silo!