- Chancellor’s Leadership Development Series
- Tax Workshop this Thursday!
- Barriers to Healthy Eating Survey
- Student Activism Funds Application Open
- Graduate Diversity Orientation Program Extension Workshop
- Graduate Student Writing Retreat
- UCAN Applications for Student Ambassador Positions
- Food Access Resources
- GSA Sponsored Yoga
1. Chancellor’s Leadership Development Series
2. GSA Sponsored Tax Workshop
Have questions about filing taxes as a graduate student? The GSA is sponsoring a tax workshop on Thursday from 6-8pm in 1204. Meaghan Likes, CPA will be answering common questions related to graduate student taxes. Hope to see you there!
3. Barriers to Healthy Eating Needs Assessment
The Global Food Initiative is overseeing a needs assessment survey in order to focus programming on barriers to healthy eating among students on campus. As food security among graduate students is one of the overarching goals of this year’s Executive Council, we ask that you participate to ensure that the needs of graduate students are represented in the survey and in the future programming that is developed from it.
4. Apply now for Student Activism funds!
The Student Activism Fund is a source of funding for graduate student-initiated activism projects of significant interest or value to graduate students across campus. The GSA budget allocates $3,500 each year for all such projects; the amount offered to any one project is limited to $500*.
5. Graduate Diversity Orientation Program Extension (GDOPx) January Workshop on Identity
The Graduate Diversity Orientation Program Extension (GDOPx) group presents a workshop series for graduate students interested in building community to discuss issues of diversity and inclusion in higher education. Our upcoming workshop, Rethinking Identity: Empowering Graduate Scholars for Inclusion and Activism, will include reflections and inspiration from Dr. Flojaune Cofer and a critical map-making activity led by Mia Dawson. The event takes place on Wednesday, January 24th, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm in the Memorial Union – Garrison Room (register). This event will be hosted by the Diversity Committee of the Graduate Group in Ecology. Food will be provided. To stay updated on future GDOPx events, subscribe to our mailing list here.
6. Graduate Student Writing Retreat
7. UCAN Accepting Applications for Student Ambassadors
The UC Advocacy Network (UCAN) is looking for student ambassadors to help promote and expand UCAN by serving as an important liaison between UC Government Relations and students.
Applications are open until January 28, 2018. Students may apply here: http://ucal.us/UCANambassador.
Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
UCAN is a community made up of students, alumni, faculty, and community members who lend their voices to shape state and federal policies promoting the University of California’s mission of education, research and public service.
UCAN Student Ambassadors will:
- Promote UCAN sign-ups on their campus
- Gain hands-on experience in public affairs and civic engagement
- Learn how UC advances policies and provides opportunities for students to work with UC
- Share the value of their UC education with legislators at the State Capitol
8. Food Access Resources
Several resources exist for students who are having difficulty affording healthy food.
You may be eligible for CalFresh, which can give up to $190/month to help with groceries.
Food is also available for students at the Pantry in lower Freeborn or through Fruit & Veggie Up – now located at the MU!
9. GSA & LGBTQIA Resource Center Sponsored Yoga this week!
Join us tomorrow evening at the SCC in Meeting Room D from 5-6:30 pm!
Join us this Friday for Coffee Bagel Donut Day at the GSA Office in South Silo!