- Chancellor May’s “To Boldly Go” Initiative
- UAW & GSA Bowling Night
- Rescheduled: Graduate Student Tax Workshop
- Join the Graduate Teaching Community
- ESTEME’s 3rd Annual Diversity & Innovation Colloquium
- Student Activism Funds Application Open
- GSA Clothing Exchange
- Food Access Resources
- GSA Sponsored Yoga
1. Chancellor May’s “To Boldly Go” Initiative
2. UAW & GSA Bowling Night
Please join the GSA + Union for a family-friendly Bowling Bash (!) on Tuesday, February 13th from 5-7 in the Memorial Union games area. Bowling and snacks courtesy of the GSA + Union. We hope to see you there!
3. Rescheduled: GSA Sponsored Tax Workshop
4. Join the Graduate Teaching Community
5. ESTEME’s 3rd annual Diversity & Innovation Colloquium
Save the date for the 3rd annual Diversity & Innovation Colloquium, hosted by Equity in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Entrepreneurship (ESTEME). Join ESTEME for a free one-day colloquium featuring talks and panel discussion from leading innovators in STEM and entrepreneurship! Registered attendees will have the opportunity to engage speakers during a catered lunch and networking reception. For more information, see our website at https://esteme.weebly.com/colloquium.html.
When: April 20, 2018, 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Where: Multi-Purpose Room, Student Community Center
6. Apply now for Student Activism funds!
The Student Activism Fund is a source of funding for graduate student-initiated activism projects of significant interest or value to graduate students across campus. The GSA budget allocates $3,500 each year for all such projects; the amount offered to any one project is limited to $500*.
7. GSA Sponsored Clothing Exchange
The time for spring cleaning is upon us! From now until the end of the quarter, the GSA will be collecting contributions for a clothing exchange to be held on Friday, March 16th at the last CBDD of the Winter Quarter from 8:30-10:30 AM in South Silo 253. Please drop off contributions at CDBB before or on March 16th. Any contributions that remain after the exchange will be donated.
8. Food Access Resources
Several resources exist for students who are having difficulty affording healthy food.
You may be eligible for CalFresh, which can give up to $190/month to help with groceries.
Food is also available for students at the Pantry in lower Freeborn or through Fruit & Veggie Up – now located at the MU!
9. GSA & LGBTQIA Resource Center Sponsored Yoga this week!
Join us tomorrow evening at the SCC in Meeting Room D from 5-6:30 pm!
Join us this Friday for Coffee Bagel Donut Day at the GSA Office in South Silo!