- Nominations now open: GSA Executive Council
- Vice Chancellor of Research Search: Public Forums
- Call for Applications: Chancellor’s Graduate and Professional Student Advisory Board
- CalFresh SuperClinic 5/3
- Graduate Students of Color Mixer 5/2
- Interdisciplinary Environmental Justice Symposium 5/24
- Student Activism Funds Application Open
- Food Access Resources
- GSA & LGBTQIA Resource Center Yoga
1. Nominations are now open: GSA Executive Council
GSA Executive Council Nominations are now open!
Make a difference as part of next year’s GSA by serving on the Executive Council! Nominations for leadership positions are now being accepted. Nominees must be graduate students in good standing who will not graduate before June 2019. Elections for next year’s board will be held at the May General Assembly meeting on May 2nd.
To nominate yourself or someone else, please send an email with the name of the individual and the position for which s/he is nominated to the Chair of the Elections Committee (Jeanelle Hope) at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Vice Chancellor of Research Public Forums
Candidates for the position of the UC Davis Vice Chancellor of Research will each be presenting at a public forum discussing the topic: “BUILDING RESEARCH EXCELLENCE AT UC DAVIS OVER THE COMING DECADE.”The public forums will befollowed by a moderated Q&A session.
The dates and times of the forums are as follows:
Monday, April 30, 2018
4:00 – 5:15 p.m.
Wilkins Moot Court Room, King Hall
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
4:00 – 5:15 p.m.
The candidates’ CVs will be posted on Chancellor May’s website 48 hours in advance of their visit at https://leadership.ucdavis.edu/executive-recruitments/vice-chancellor-office-research. To protect the confidentiality of the candidates, the website will require your Kerberos ID and password in order to access the names and CVs.
Chancellor May welcomes comments on the candidates. Those comments should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 72 hours after the last public forum.
3. Call for Applications: Chancellor’s Graduate and Professional Students Advisory Board
4. CalFresh SuperClinic 5/3
Join us for a CalFresh super clinic on 5/3! A counselor from the Yolo County CalFresh Office will be on-site to answer any questions that you have about CalFresh and the application process. All are encouraged to attend!
5.Graduate Students of Color Mixer 5/2
6. Interdisciplinary Environmental Justice Workshop
7. Apply now for Student Activism funds!
The Student Activism Fund is a source of funding for graduate student-initiated activism projects of significant interest or value to graduate students across campus. The GSA budget allocates $3,500 each year for all such projects; the amount offered to any one project is limited to $500*.
8. Food Access Resources
Several resources exist for students who are having difficulty affording healthy food.
You may be eligible for CalFresh, which can give up to $190/month to help with groceries.
Food is also available for students at the Pantry in lower Freeborn or through Fruit & Veggie Up – now located at the MU!
9. GSA & LGBTQIA Resource Center Yoga
Join us on Tuesdays from 5-6:30 in Meeting Room D of the SCC!
Join us for Coffee, Bagels, and Donuts from 8:30-10:30 this Friday in South Silo 253!