- Solidarity with AFSCME 3299!
- Mental Health Awareness Month Activities
- The Chancellor’s Leadership Development Seminar Series: The Role of the Chancellor 6/1
- Call for Applications: Chancellor’s Graduate and Professional Student Advisory Board
- Graduate Student Focus Group on Career Exploration and Development 5/8
- Graduate Students of Color Spring Research Symposium 5/30
- Interdisciplinary Environmental Justice Symposium 5/24
- Eric Gudz for City Council Campaign Seeking Volunteers
- Student Activism Funds Application Has Closed!
- Food Access Resources
- GSA & LGBTQIA Resource Center Yoga
- CBDD cancelled this Friday!
1. Solidarity with AFSCME 3299!
Tens of thousands of workers across the UC system will be striking on Monday May 7th, Tuesday May 8th, and Wednesday May 9thover the UC’s mistreatment of AFSCME 3299 workers. This union represents UC service and patient care workers, who are predominantly women and people of color.
Our UC Student-Workers Union cannot call for a sympathy strike because our current contract does not permit it. However, we encourage our members to avoid crossing picket lines whenever possible. Any individual student may exercise their right to refuse to cross the picket line and participate in strike-related activities as a matter of individual conscience and free expression, which is permitted by Article 19 of the UAW 2865 contract. Here are some ways you can support AFSCME 3299:
–Show up to the picket line to demonstrate solidarity.
-Davis picket line: Hutchison & LaRue, 6am-8pm all three days
-Sacramento picket line: 2315 Stockton Blvd (UC Davis Medical Center), 6am-8pm all three days
–March with other students and workers Tuesday May 8th. Please follow the Facebook event for updates on march time and location.
If you have any questions about your rights during the strike, you can contact active Davis union members for advice and support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Mental Health Awareness Month Activities
3. The Chancellor’s Leadership Development Series: The Role of the Chancellor 6/1
4. Call for Applications: Chancellor’s Graduate and Professional Students Advisory Board
5. Graduate Student Focus Group on Career Exploration and Development 5/8
Graduate Student Focus Group: Career Exploration and Development
May 8th, 2018 11-12 p.m. South Hall Room 114
This focus group is aimed at exploring graduate students’ interests in career development and exploration, as well as learning about the obstacles that are encountered. Students’ experiences are the best source of information that can help us at the Internship and Career Center learn how to better serve career development and exploration needs. Data collection will be anonymized and used for internal purposes only.
Lunch will be provided!
Sponsored by: Gradpathways (Grad Studies) and the Internship and Career Center
Questions: Daniel Moglen, PhD; email@example.com
6. Graduate Students of Color Spring Research Symposium
7. Interdisciplinary Environmental Justice Workshop
Submission Deadline Extended to May 11!
Submit your proposals here: tinyurl.com/iejssub
Register to attend here: tinyurl.com/iejs2018
8. Eric Gudz for City Council Campaign Seeking Volunteers
Can you please forward this request to the entire group (and any relevant list servs) that might be interested? Any interested folx can sign up here (https://act.gudz4davis.org/volunteer) and we can follow up. Time is of the essence, as we have less than 30 days until June 5th. From me and the rest of the campaign team, we greatly appreciate any help you can send our way. With your help, we can and will ensure that there is a seat for everyone at the table in Davis. Thank you kindly, and I look forward to your reply.
9. Student Activism Fund Applications have closed
Applications for the 2018-2019 Academic Year will open again in Fall Quarter!
10. Food Access Resources
Several resources exist for students who are having difficulty affording healthy food.
You may be eligible for CalFresh, which can give up to $190/month to help with groceries.
Food is also available for students at the Pantry in lower Freeborn or through Fruit & Veggie Up – now located at the MU!
11. GSA & LGBTQIA Resource Center Yoga
Join us on Tuesdays from 5-6:30 in Meeting Room D of the SCC!
12. NO CBDD THIS FRIDAY
Coffee Bagel Donut Day is canceled for this upcoming Friday, May 11th. CBDD will resume at its regular time next Friday 5/18