- Student Mental Health Care Task Force Survey
- GSA Sacramento Meeting
- UAW Petition to Demand UC Bargain with Us Over Remedies to Sexual Harassment
- Mental Health Awareness Month Activities
- The Chancellor’s Leadership Development Seminar Series: The Role of the Chancellor 6/1
- Call for Applications: Chancellor’s Graduate and Professional Student Advisory Board
- PhD Unlimited Workshop 5/29
- Graduate Students of Color Spring Research Symposium 5/30
- Interdisciplinary Environmental Justice Symposium 5/24
- Transportation Tomorrow Survey
- Office of Sustainability Survey
- Biennial Regional Animal Behavior Symposium
- Food Access Resources
- GSA Travel Award: Now Accepting Applications!
- GSA Evening at the Farmer’s Market
- GSA & LGBTQIA Resource Center Yoga
1. Student Mental Health Care Task Force Survey
Please submit responses to the the Student Mental Health Survey through Friday, May 25th at 5PM. This anonymous survey is important to help improve the mental health of students at UCD, from bettering our mental health care services to making larger cultural changes surrounding mental health on campus.
2. GSA Sacramento Quarterly Meeting
It is just a Reminder that GSA Quarterly meeting is going to be held at Main Board Room 2301 UCDAVIS MIND INSTITUTE on MAY 30, 2018. I will be available from 12:00-2:00 pm you can join and leave any time according to feasibility in your schedule.
P:S: Please RSVP by Deadline so I have a headcount for food ordering.
3. UAW Petition: Demand UC Bargain with Us Over Remedies to Sexual Harassment
Student workers have made it clear that sexual violence and sexual harassment is a huge problem at the UC, and the UC Administration is not solving the problem. Our union is proposing new contract language that would address many of the central issues, establishing additional channels for justice and accountability and ensuring survivor agency.
Sign and share this petition to show the UC Administration that we’re strong and united in these demands, and that we expect to see progress on this issue before our contract expires on June 30. You can read more about our specific proposals here. We need a #ViolenceFreeUC in order to have a #UCforALL.
Yours in solidarity,
UC Student-Workers Union Joint Council
4. Mental Health Awareness Month Activities
5. The Chancellor’s Leadership Development Series: The Role of the Chancellor 6/1
6. Call for Applications: Chancellor’s Graduate and Professional Students Advisory Board
7. PhD Unlimited Workshop 5/29
8. Graduate Students of Color Spring Research Symposium
9. Interdisciplinary Environmental Justice Workshop
Register to attend here: tinyurl.com/iejs2018
10. Transportation Tomorrow Survey
“Transportation Tomorrow invites you to take our short online survey to share your thoughts on commuting, travel, and ways that we can reduce Single-Occupancy Vehicle trips to campus by 10% by the year 2025. All respondents are entered into a drawing for one of ten $20 gift cards to the campus store!”
Thanks so much for helping us!
11. Office of Sustainability Survey
Office of Sustainability Survey
Do you want a more environmentally sustainable campus? Tell us what you’ve liked so far, and what you’d like to see, with this 10 minute survey. You can also enter a drawing for one of 20 prizes in $10 Aggie Cash, accepted at multiple campus locations.
12. Biennial Regional Animal Behavior Student Conference
Please join us for the Biennial Regional Animal Behavior Student Conference, June 2nd. We are currently accepting abstracts for talks or posters at https://sites.google.com/site/abggconference/home.
13. Food Access Resources
Several resources exist for students who are having difficulty affording healthy food.
You may be eligible for CalFresh, which can give up to $190/month to help with groceries.
Food is also available for students at the Pantry in lower Freeborn or through Fruit & Veggie Up – now located at the MU!
14. GSA Travel Award
The application for Fall 2018 Travel Award starts May 15th, 2018.
Deadline is July 15th, 2018. The maximum amount is $500.
The award is used for travel between July 1st – December 31st 2018.
15. GSA Evening at the Farmer’s Market
Join the GSA on Wednesday, May 23rd from 5:30-7:30PM in Central Park to enjoy one of Davis’ finest institutions, the evening Farmer’s Market! We’ll be setting up a small area for GSA members to enjoy the evening’s festivities and live music. The GSA will provide wraps and sandwiches (with vegetarian and gluten free options), chips, and sodas + waters. Bring a blanket or a lawn chair and come join us!
16. GSA & LGBTQIA Resource Center Yoga
Join us on Tuesdays from 5-6:30 in Meeting Room D of the SCC!
Join us for Coffee, Bagels, and Donuts this Friday in the GSA Office (253 South Silo) from 8:30-10:30!