- GSA+ LGBTQIA Resource Center Yoga
- Opportunities on campus committees – UPDATED
- Special projects applications are open
- Food Resources
- Voting Resources
- Police Town Hall
- Sacramento Farmers’ Market Meet-Up
- Mental Health resources
- Student Mental Health Coalition
- Fellowship opportunity
- Davis Farmers’ Market Evening
1. GSA + LGBTQIA Resource Center Yoga
Yoga classes for graduate students are provided by the GSA with the LGBTQIA Resource Center on Friday mornings, starting at 7:30 a.m. and lasting until 9. Classes will be in the Student Community Center, meeting room D.
2. Opportunities on campus committees.
3. Special Projects applications are now open.
Departments and other groups seeking funds in order to host events or projects for graduate students can apply to the GSA Special Projects fund. Instructions for the application are on the linked webpage—be sure to proofread your budget and carefully read the guidelines for reimbursement.
4. Food Access Resources
Several resources exist for students who are having difficulty affording healthy food.
You may be eligible for CalFresh, which can give up to $190/month to help with groceries.
The Pantry in 21 Lower Freeborn Hall provides food for students, as does Fruit and Veggie Up in the MU!
5. Voting Resources
Voting Day is November 6th! The deadline to register to vote in California is October 22nd. You can register online in California, find the Voter Information Guide online, and if you’re not sure if you’re registered, check here!
6. Police Town Hall
A panel discussion on policing will occur on October 15th, in the ARC Ballroom at 12 p.m. Beverages and dessert will be provided.
The panel includes:
- Dr. Shirley Weber, Assemblymember, California District 79
- Alice A. Huffman, President, California Hawaii NAACP
- B.B. Buchanan, Graduate Student (Sociology), UC Davis
- Davares Robinson, Undergraduate Student (Political Science – Public Service), UC Davis
- Alex Bustamante, Chief Compliance and Audit Officer, University of California
Registration is encouraged at Tinyurl.com/UCDPoliceTownHall.
Please contact Bill Kuhlman (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
7. Sacramento Farmers’ Market Meet-up
The GSA is holding weekly meet-ups at the Sacramento Farmers’ Market on October 10, 17, and 24 (Wednesdays) from 4 to 7 p.m.
8. Mental Health Resources
SHCS has added a new service, accessible to graduate students: for the duration of Fall quarter 2018, there will be FREE counseling, psychiatric, and medical services through the online service provider Live Health Online. This is free for the fall regardless of SHIP or insurance status. It is considered an off-campus referral and access is granted via a coupon code each time. Information and access are linked below:
9. Student Mental Health Coalition
Interested in advocating for mental health on campus? The Student Mental Health Coalition (SMHC) will be holding their first quarterly meeting on Thursday, October 18th from 7:30-9:00 PM in the Student Health and Wellness Center. All graduate, professional, and undergraduate students are encouraged to attend.
10. Fellowship Opportunity
The Insight Data Science company is offering fellowships to graduating Master’s and PhD students, and are recruiting Davis students. Their website has more information: https://www.insightdatascience.com/apply.
11. Davis Farmers’ Market Evening
Join the GSA on Wednesday, October 24th from 4:30-6:30 pm in Central Park for a Davis Farmer’s Market evening. We’ll be setting up camp to enjoy the fall weather, live music, and the company of our wonderful graduate student community. Food and drink will be provided courtesy of the GSA (vegan and gluten-free options will be available). We hope to see you there!
12. Coffee Bagel Donut Day
Join us for Coffee, Bagels, and Donuts this Friday in the GSA Office (253 South Silo) from 8:30-10:30!