Please note: Many of the resouces listed below are specifically for Yolo County, which includes Davis, Woodland, West Sacramento, and Winters. The city of Sacramento is in Sacramento county and may have different resources available (see county map at the bottom of this page for more information).
Please contact the GSA Internal Vice President (firstname.lastname@example.org) if information on this page needs to be added or edited.
UCD Food Resources
- Aggie Food Connection
- Fruit & Veggie Up!
- GSA Coffee Bagel Donut Day (CBDD)
- Free Cooking Classes at the Teaching Kitchen
- The CalFresh Program, federally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), issues monthly electronic benefits that can be used to buy most foods at many markets and food stores. The CalFresh Program helps to improve the health and well-being of qualified households and individuals by providing them a means to meet their nutritional needs.
How to apply:
- Go to https://www.getcalfresh.org/en or benefitscal.org
- to find out how to apply for benefits in your county, please call the toll free number 1-877-847-3663 (FOOD).
- Follow this link (http://www.cdss.ca.gov/food-nutrition/calfresh) if you prefer to read or write in a language other than English.
Yolo County Food Bank – (530) 668-0690
- Yolo Food Bank is here to help any Yolo County resident in need of food assistance. Through our network of partner agencies, programs, and collaboration with Yolo 2-1-1 we can provide referrals specific to need and region.
- Check out our Resource Map below for additional information regarding Yolo Food Bank programs and partner agencies.
- You can also contact Yolo Food Bank directly for assistance.
This information frequently changes – we highly recommend calling ahead to programs or services you are interested to avoid any inconvenience.
- 211 Yolo is the information hub for Yolo County, linking residents to vital health and human services, information and resources in the community. Use the guided search options on the website above, dial 2-1-1, or text your zip code to 898211 for text response. This service is free, multilingual, confidential and available 24 hours per day, every day of the year.
Image source: http://www.counties.org/general-information/california-county-map