Travel Awards are used to help graduate students at UC Davis attend conferences or professional development opportunities.
The application for Spring 2019 Travel Award has closed. The maximum amount is $500. The application for Fall 2019 will open by May 25th and the deadline will be July 15th, 2019.
Stay tuned with your GSA Representatives & and sign-up to our listserv!!
IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE RULES, YOU CANNOT BE REIMBURSED!
- This is GSA’s biannual Travel Award program. Graduate students traveling for educational or professional reasons are eligible to apply for reimbursement. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of your peers. Please make sure to communicate these points in your application! Students on filing fee are not eligible to apply.
- The maximum award amount is $500.
- You CAN NOT use this award for a different event/conference or time period (No exception!). Attend a conference not listed on the award means you are forfeiting the award.
- The event must have occurred in the time period listed on the form. The Fall award will apply to any travel between July 1st and December 31st. The Spring award will apply to any travel between January 1st and June 30th.The conference /travel date needs to have at least one day overlap the 7/1 to 12/31 period. For example, your application is still eligible if your conference starts in 12/29 but ends in 1/2. If you have to travel over New Year’s, we feel happy for you so you can apply for either one! Same goes for travel spanning the summer deadline.
- Once all applications are received, the Award committee will review applications. Those approved will receive a request to submit documentation in early February or August.
- Once approved, you must submit itemized receipts with your name, date of purchase, payment method, the name of the items/services, showing all expenses paid in full. These receipts cannot contain alcohol. Please save the original, itemized receipts. These receipts must be submitted within 21 days of attending the event or receiving the award, whichever is later.
- Once approved, you must submit proof of attendance (e.g. conference agenda; certification; name card, etc.).
- If any of your supporting documents are in a foreign language, you must translate them to English and submit the originals AND the translations.
- In addition to the above GSA award criteria, awards must follow the University travel and expense rules. For example, we cannot reimburse first class air tickets or reimburse anything over an economy class for a car rental. We cannot reimburse for food or meals without an itemized receipt.
- Reimbursement reports submitted more than 45 days after the end of a trip will be taxed. The entire reimbursement (which would include airfare, even if UCD pays using CTS) will be taxed. This is a university policy which can be viewed here.
- Questions? Please contact the GSA Treasurer.
If the Form does not load for you below, you can access the form directly here: