Spring Applications are OPEN!
Travel Awards are used to help graduate students at UC Davis attend conferences or professional development opportunities. Please only apply if your travel will occur between January 1st and June 30th, 2017.
Fall Applications are CLOSED!
- What is this? This is GSA’s bi-annual Travel Award program. Graduate students traveling for educational or professional reasons are eligible to apply for reimbursement. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of your peers for relevance and value. Please make sure to communicate these points in your application!
- The maximum award amount is $500.
- Once all applications are received, the Award committee will review applications. Those approved will receive a request to submit documentation in early January.
- Once approved, you must submit itemized receipts in your name, showing all expenses paid in full. These receipts cannot contain alcohol. Please save the original, itemized receipts. — IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE RULES, YOU CANNOT BE REIMBURSED! — These receipts must be submitted within 21 days of attending the event or receiving the award, whichever is later.
- Once approved, you must submit proof of attendance.
- The event must have occurred in the time period listed on the form. The Fall award will apply to any travel between July 1st and December 31st. The Spring award will apply to any travel between January 1st and June 31st. If you have to travel over New Year’s, we feel bad for you, so you can apply for either one! Same goes for travel spanning the summer deadline.
- If any of your supporting documents are in a foreign language, you must translate them to English and submit the originals AND the translations.
- Awards must follow all University travel and expense rules. For example, we cannot reimburse first class air tickets or reimburse anything over economy class for a car rental.
- Please be aware that due to University policy, reimbursement requests submitted more than 45 days after the completion of an event *may* be subject to additional rules.
Questions? Please contact the GSA Treasurer.
If the Form does not load for you below, you can access the form directly here: