Travel Awards are used to help graduate students at UC Davis attend conferences or professional development opportunities.
Applications for July 1st- December 31st 2017 are CLOSED.
Applications for January 1st – June 30th 2018 will be open in early December 1st to December 30th.
Stay tuned with your GSA Representatives & and sign-up to our listserv!!
Award Criteria: IMPORTANT
– IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE RULES, YOU CANNOT BE REIMBURSED!
- What is this? This is GSA’s biannual Travel Award program. Graduate students traveling for educational or professional reasons are eligible to apply for reimbursement. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of your peers. Please make sure to communicate these points in your application!
- The maximum award amount is $500.
- You CAN NOT use this award for a different event/conference!
- The event must have occurred in the time period listed on the form. The Fall award will apply to any travel between Jul 1st and Dec 31st. The Spring award will apply to any travel between Jan 1st and Jun 31st. If you have to travel over New Year’s, we feel happy for you, so you can apply for either one! Same goes for travel spanning the summer deadline.
- Once all applications are received, the Award committee will review applications. Those approved will receive a request to submit documentation in early January or August.
- Once approved, you must submit itemized receipts in your name, showing all expenses paid in full. These receipts cannot contain alcohol. Please save the original, itemized receipts. These receipts must be submitted within 21 days of attending the event or receiving the award, whichever is later.
- Once approved, you must submit proof of attendance (e.g. conference agenda; certification; name card, etc.).
- If any of your supporting documents are in a foreign language, you must translate them to English and submit the originals AND the translations.
- In addition to the above GSA award criteria, awards must follow the University travel and expense rules. For example, we cannot reimburse first class air tickets or reimburse anything over economy class for a car rental.
- Please be aware that due to University policy, reimbursement requests submitted more than 45 days after the completion of an event *may* be subject to additional rules, such as taxing as personal income.
Questions? Please contact the GSA Treasurer.
If the Form does not load for you below, you can access the form directly here: