Having a Problem?
Do you have an unresolved issue with a professor, advisor, fellow student, or staff member? The GSA may be able to help.
The GSA provides grievance assistance to graduate students on campus. The GSA’s Internal Vice President (IVP) is happy to help graduate students navigate the thorny interpersonal issues that sometimes arise during graduate study as well as the seemingly daunting university bureaucracy. We approach all issues with confidentiality.
The GSA-IVP can:
- Strategize and help you select an effective course of action to resolve your grievance.
- Identify resources on- and off-campus that can provide you with support.
- Advocate on your behalf to the university administration if you wish for them to do so.
Email email@example.com if you are interested in learning more.
Looking for a confidential, independent, impartial, and informal problem-solving and conflict management resource? Contact UCD Office of the Ombuds – (530)-754-7233(SAFE)
If you prefer to talk to a faculty member you can contact the Associate Dean for Graduate Students, J.P. Delplanque (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have a concern regarding accessibility or suspected disability discrimination please contact our ADA Compliance Officer (email@example.com) – (530)-752-9466
Want to put the university on notice for any of the following? File a Whistleblower Report.
- Illegal acts, such as corruption, bribery, theft or misuse of University property;
- Fraud, coercion, willful omission to perform duty or economic waste;
- Any condition that may significantly threaten the health or safety of employees or the public;
- Gross misconduct, incompetence or inefficiency by University employees; or
- Serious or substantial violations of University policy.
UC Systemwide Confidential Hotline – (800) 403-4744
OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU TO MAKE YOUR PROGRAM BETTER WITH YOUR FEEDBACK
- The purpose of Graduate Program Review is to promote excellence in graduate programs at UC Davis. The review, conducted by the Graduate Council of the Academic Senate, is an opportunity for programs to evaluate past achievements, current status, and future directions related to graduate education.
- Graduate Council Schedule of Program Review 2017-2024 (PDF)
UC STUDENT-WORKERS UNION
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Know your rights as a student worker
- View the current UAW contract
- Contact a Davis union officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) – (510)-549-3863
- Become a member!
The GSA offers free legal consultations for graduate students. Contact Attorney Ava Landers with the subject line “Legal Services for Graduate Students” to schedule your consultation.