Currently, the GSA provides two contracted services to graduate students: legal assistance and a patient advocate. These services are provided to graduate students free-of-charge and are open to clients until the budget is exhausted for the fiscal year.
Legal Services: Ava Landers
Ava is currently accepting consultations from graduate students. She can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patient Advocate: Caryn Cochran
We are thrilled to have our new patient advocate, Caryn Cochran with Matters of Care! She is wonderfully experienced in this area and is so excited to work with graduate students. To see more of her services, please go to http://mattersofcare.org/. If you would like to contact Caryn, please send an email to: email@example.com.
Tax Services: Meaghan Likes
The Graduate Student Association has partnered with Meaghan Likes, CPA, to host an annual tax workshop to help graduate students understand their often complicated tax forms. The workshop will be held during Winter Quarter annually. Meaghan also does some one-on-one consulting with students who have particularly complex issues. To see more information, you may visit her website at likesaccounting.com.
To view a recording of the March 2021 event, please follow this link:
Topic: GSA Tax Workshop 2021
Start Time : Mar 16, 2021 11:46 AM
You may also view some graduate student tax resources at likesaccounting.com/gsa.
UC Davis School of Law Free Clinics
- Immigration Law Clinic
- Civil Rights Clinic
- Prison Law Clinic
- Family Protection and Legal Assistance Clinic
- Aoki Social Justice Clinic
- Serves low-income clients in Yolo County
- Free weekly debt and collection "Know Your Rights" Clinics
- Walk-up "Office Hours"
- Handles cases on: Housing, public benefits, health, education, consumer, guardianship clinics, small claims, small estates, elder abuse restraining orders, unemployment insurance, Social Security, Veterans' benefits, powers of attorney, advance health care directives, and simple statutory wills.